Behind the Scenes on Creating a Direct Mail Piece

BACK TO BLOG

It’s always super cool when Trish Witkowski features our work on FoldFactory’s fold of the week!

We’d like to go behind the scenes to show how we produced this effective direct mail piece.

Fortunately, our client at Harvard Medical School is a huge fan of FoldFactory and was able to find a preexisting template to use on FoldFactory’s webpage. The problem was, that template’s size didn’t match Harvard’s design. We took the template, resized it to make it work for their design, then created a prototype on our comp cutting system – I-Cut sampler – on the correct paper stock to be sure the piece folded down correctly.

Using the I-Cut before we created a final die was a huge time and cost saver. It also ensured a perfect final piece.

The job was run on our 6-color KBA UV press on 80# Finch Fine Cover. Because it was printed UV, we did  not need a varnish or aqueous coating to prevent fingerprinting or marking.

We printed a letter that was inserted into the center panel, hand folded the flaps to create a sleeve and then placed it in a booklet style envelope that was inkjet and mailed.

Click here to see the video on YouTube.

call to action